Well it’s been a long month (not to mention the nightmare of a week with poor delivery service, they still didn't arrive in time for GamesBritannia!) but after many late nights (far too many early mornings!) I’m proud to announce that issue 2 of Pixel Nation is now available on the site. Of course every printed copy comes with a free PDF for those who can’t wait:http://pixel-nation.co.uk/index.php/online-store/product/144-pixel-nation-issue-2
One of the great things about Pixel Nation is that we can really take feedback on board and make changes, we will never stick to the same copy n paste routine issue after issue. Yes we have listened to everyone’s comments, this time offering a more streamlined and professional look yet still maintaining that retro feel the first issue brought. We have also changed the binding and page sets of the books which was a comment a few made with PN1, it’s a much nicer look and feel all round!
With a mix of hired writers, volunteers, designers and a push to improve I'm really confident we are offering an even better second issue just look at the page examples below and compare to the first page of the thread. So here’s what we have to show for all our efforts:Wizard of Woz
- Proud to present an interview with Steve Wozniak who talks about his time developing the BASIC language behind Apple Computers and his own introduction to programming. I know Steve doesn't do many interviews but the great thing about this is he wants a couple of copies to add to his displays back home, so a real plus for us.Atari in the Land of the Rising Sun
– There aren’t many retro gamers that don’t know the rise and fall of Atari. But little is said of what happened to its Japanese division during these times. Pixel Nation explores the unknown history behind Atari Japan.Dizzy: The Journey
– One of the most fondly remembered heroes of yesteryear, we take a walk through the full series from past to present.Philip Vachey interview:
A chat with the composer behind Alone in the Dark, Little Big Adventure series and the Dreamcast classic Toy Commander.Bluffers Guide to Touhou
– A literal trip through a series of bullet hell shooters, our Touhou article aims to give the definitive introduction to this classic series.Guy Wilhelmy
– One of the most infamous Spectrum games collections ever committed to tape, Pixel Nation speaks to the man behind Cassette 50 of Cascade Games Ltd.Final Fantasy VII: Through the Lifestream
– A series without an end, there’s nothing Final about this Fantasy. In this issues cover special we take a closer look at the effect of Final Fantasy VII on the JRPG genre and the road to its development. Peter J. Favoro Ph.D
– We sit down with the original Alter Ego creator to discover the story behind its creation, so join us on a journey through the mind and the games creation!Tim Wright
– Discusses the music behind the Shadow Of The Beast gamesThe Cats out the Bag
– Before the Atari Jaguar there was another cat that prowled the gaming forest. We take a look into a lost piece of gaming history, the Atari Panther.
Also:Bubble Bobble Design Classics
World of NES Accessories
And many more!